The FIU DBA program is a rigorous educational opportunity provided by leading academic researchers within the field of business administration. Our program is offered at FIU Downtown on Brickell, an epicenter of international business. Students in the DBA program will learn to apply advanced business theory, analytics, and finely-honed research and quantitative skills.
- Non-resident program
- Hybrid face-to-face and online education
- 75 credit hours
- 3 year curriculum
- Flexibility combining your work, family and intellectual pursuits
Upon completion of the DBA program, executives will possess top-level understanding of the unique challenges facing both the public and private business sectors in today’s marketplace.
This is not another step in your career path. The FIU DBA is the launch pad for executives and business leaders to lead change initiatives and transform their field of business.
Is a DBA or PhD best for you?
Prospective students often ask us about the differences between the FIU DBA and Ph.D. degrees. The table below shows the key similarities and differences between the programs.
Master’s degree required
10 or more years of relevant work experience
Continue working full time while studying
Development of theory
4 -7 years
Financial Aid available
Below are articles written by our FIU DBA professors, students, and alumni. We invite you to peruse this valuable content as it will help you better understand all the details related to the transformational experience of earning your doctorate in business administration at FIU.
- The DBA versus the PhD - what’s the difference?
- From My DBA Degree to…Where? Where are the Jobs for DBA Graduates?
- The DBA degree as a pathway to academia
- So, What Now? The Important Milestones in your DBA Experience
- Earning a DBA degree to become a Professor
- Why the DBA?
- Control and Moderation – It’s Easy When You Understand
- The FIU DBA experience