Alexandra V. Aguirre-Rodriguez
Associate Professor, Department of Marketing & Logistics
College of Business
Florida International University
Modesto A. Maidique Campus
11200 S.W. 8th St, RB 337B
Miami, FL 33199
Phone: (305) 348-3625
Ph.D. in Business Administration
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Miami, Miami, Florida
Dr. Alexandra Aguirre-Rodriguez's research focuses on the impact of consumer self-identity, social identity, and culture on branding strategy effectiveness. Related research includes the impact of culture on service encounter communication norms and the role of consumer-brand relationships on word of mouth communication.
Dr. Aguirre-Rodriguez's research on ethnic identity, self-congruity with brands and scarcity motivation has been published in Journal of Business Research, Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. Her current stream of research examines consumer motivation in the context of acculturation and ethnic identification processes of U.S. immigrants from Hispanic cultures.
- Brand Management
- Buyer Psychology and Behavior
- Consumer Analysis in Emerging Markets
- Consumer Behavior
- Corporate Simulation
- Dissertation Preparation
- International Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Management in the Global Environment
- Marketing Research Methodology I
- Ph.D. Dissertation
- Sem In Svcs Mktg
- Seminar in Consumer Behavior
- Special Topics in Marketing
Rodriguez, A. V., Luna, D., Alvarez, C., & Montoya, D.
Ethnic identity-based motivation: A model emergent from US Hispanic consumers.
Journal of Consumer Psychology
Aguirre-Rodriguez, A., Boveda-Lambie, A. M., Gouveia, P. T., & Montoya, D. Y.
When Culturally Adaptive Service Behaviors Affect Customer Satisfaction in Shared Ethnicity Service Encounters.
Services Marketing Quarterly
Aguirre-Rodriguez, A. V., & Gouveia, P. T.
The Roles of Trait Prudence and Volitive Desire in Consumer Self-Control for Temptations.
Journal of Consumer Marketing
Rodriguez, A. V., Torres, P., & Bagozzi, R. P.
Beyond Craving: Appetitive Desire as a Motivational Antecedent of Goal-Directed Action Intentions.
Psychology and Marketing
Aguirre-Rodriguez, A. V., Torres, P., & Tavallaei, M.
Ethnic Congruity Motive: When Service Encounters with Hispanic Frontline Employees Enhance Hispanic Customers’ Service Satisfaction.
Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, A., Boveda-Lambie, A. M., & Miniard, P. W. (2015). The impact of consumer avatars in Internet retailing on self-congruity with brands. Marketing Letters, 26(4).
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, & Alexandra. (2014). Cultural Factors That Impact Brand Personification Strategy Effectiveness. Psychology & Marketing, 31(1).
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, A., Boveda-Lambie, A. M., & Montoya, D. Y. (2014). Exploring ethnic consumer response to crossover brand extensions. Journal of Business Research, 67(4).
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, & Alexandra. (2013). The role of persuasion knowledge in scarcity appeal effectiveness. Journal of Advertising, 42(4).
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, A., Bosnjak, M., & Sirgy, M. J. (2012). Moderators of the self-congruity effect on consumer decision-making: A meta-analysis. Journal of Business Research, 65(8).
- Miyazaki, A., Aguirre-Rodriguez, A., & Langenderfer, J. (2009). Price, scarcity, and consumer willingness to purchase pirated media products. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 28(1).