- What kind of undergraduate degree must I have to qualify for this program?
FIU requires you to have a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university.
- Do I include my certified transcripts with the application?
FIU requires that official transcripts are sent in directly by the college(s) or university (ies) you attend(ed). You cannot send in copies of these transcripts yourself.
If you are an alumnus (ae) of FIU, there is no need to have transcripts sent. If you attended a university outside the U.S. and the transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator. The translation and an official copy of the transcripts must be submitted.
- Can I waive the TOEFL/IELTS?
International students may waive the TOEFL exam only if they have earned an undergraduate or master's degree in a TOEFL-exempt country. Those who are not waived from the TOEFL requirement will need to score at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, 80 on the internet-based test, or an equivalent score on a comparable examination. Please visit http://www.ets.org/toefl for more information. List of TOEFL exempt countries can be found on the following website: http://gradschool.fiu.edu/toefl-exempt-countries/
- For how many years are my test scores valid?
- GMAT scores - 5 years
- GRE scores - 5 years
- TOEFL scores - 2 years
- Institutional TOEFL scores (FIU) - 1 year
- How many students are there in a class?
The maximum number of students per class is 56.
- Is a thesis required in the program?
No, there is no required thesis.
- Do I need to complete an internship to graduate from the program?
No, if you decide not to complete an internship for credit while in the program you may take an online Career Services Professional Development Seminar to meet the professional development seminar program requirements.
- Can classes be waived if I took some MSHRM classes in another university?
Classes taken in another university program will not be waived since this is a 12-month, lock-step program. Courses from other programs also are not transferable.
- Can I pursue two graduate degrees at the same time?
No. Unfortunately, you cannot pursue two degrees at the same time at FIU.
- Can I prolong the MSHRM program for more than 12 months?
No, you cannot prolong the MSHRM for more than 12 months. Since it is a lock-step program, you must remain with your class throughout the entire sequence until the program is concluded.
- Are books covered in the program cost?
No, students are responsible for all books and course material required for each class.
- Can I apply for financial aid?
Yes. You can apply for financial aid online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa or pick up an application at any high school, college or university. For specific information regarding financial aid or to find out the status of your application please contact the Financial Aid Office for the College of Business at COBFA@fiu.edu. The FIU's Financial Aid Office web site is located at https://onestop.fiu.edu/finances/. It is advisable that you begin the process as soon as possible.
- Is the MSHRM program full time?
The program is offered full time and part time.
- What is considered professional experience?
Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume, and any requested supporting documents. Our admissions committee evaluates an individual’s accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience. We consider the individual's position responsibilities, managerial roles if applicable, core competencies exercised and longevity in each position. Internships are not considered when determining work experience. For our purposes, professional experience generally begins at the point of graduation.
- What happens if my GPA is below 3.0 or I don’t meet the GMAT/GRE required score? Can I still apply?
If the applicant does not meet this criteria, he or she can still apply. University Graduate School provisions for a limited number of admissions for individuals who do not meet specified criteria. The Admissions Committee will evaluate the candidate files holistically reviewing all documents submitted (resume, working experience, letters of recommendation etc.) Admission under this provision remains on a competitive basis and admission into the program for the selected term cannot be guaranteed.
- Can I still submit an application online if I don’t have all my application materials ready to submit?
Yes, please send supporting materials to the program via email or mail. Please include your Panther ID and date of application with your documents.
- Are there any scholarships available?
- Does FIU offer on-campus housing?
Yes, for more information on on-campus housing options please visit http://housing.fiu.edu/.