Open to all non-BBA in Business Analytics students
As “big data” becomes the lifeblood of public and private sector strategic planning and decision making, organizations are warehousing increasing levels of marketing and performance intelligence.
With business analytics, data is transformed into insights for better business decisions. The Business Analytics minor empowers you to understand how analytics can drive smart strategic planning and decision making. You'll learn analytic methods and techniques that you can use to positively impact sales, marketing, product development, procurement, operations, client/customer service, or other measurable performance across any public or private sector organization.
Learn about the application of statistical methods and techniques through:
- Decision support systems
- Expert systems
- Business intelligence
- Reporting tools
- Business analytics data mining tools
Students are required to complete one of the following courses (3 credit hours):
- QMB 3200 Business Statistics Analysis I (Business majors)
- ECO 3410 Measurement and Analysis of Economic Activity (non-Business majors *)
- STA 3033 Introduction to Probability and Statistics for CS (non-Business majors *)
- STA 3112 Statistics II (non-Business majors *)
- STA 3123 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences II (non-Business majors *)
- STA 3145 Statistics for the Health Professions (non-Business majors *)
In addition, students must complete all three of the following courses (9 credit hours):
- ISM 4400 Managerial Information Analysis
- ISM 4402 Business Intelligence and Reporting **
- ISM 4420 Business Analytics **
Students are required to receive a grade of “C” or higher in each course.
* Additional pre-requisite for ISM4400 and ISM4402 includes MAC 1105
* Statistics courses for non-Business majors cover requisite material need for the Minor in Business Analytics, but do NOT constitute equivalent courses to QMB 3200 Core Business Requirement for all Business majors.
** These courses may not be offered in Summer. To verify course availability, please contact the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to make major changes or add minor(s)/certificate(s)
|Spring 2023||November 13, 2022||January 18, 2023|
|Summer 2023||March 31, 2023||May 16, 2023|
|Fall 2023||June 30, 2023||August 29, 2023|
|Spring 2024||November 13, 2023||January 17, 2024|