A real estate degree from the College of Business will prepare you to make decisions in the real estate and real estate finance industries. Explore the financial aspects of all real estate transactions, from residential to commercial to international, and learn about property management and real estate development.
Graduates are able to understand the functions of real estate markets, practices, and institutions, understand the nature of the legal environment of real estate, appraise the real estate development opportunities in the commercial real estate markets for residential, warehouse, retail, and industrial properties, and solve specific problems or issues related to the analysis of real estate financing alternatives.
The study of real estate can lead to a variety of career paths, including commercial property management and sales, investment management, brokerage, mortgage banking, leasing, appraisal, and site location and procurement, and residential property management. Commercial real estate brokers provide property tours, negotiate lease and sales terms, market properties and draw up contracts.
- Real Estate Broker
- Associate Broker
- Broker Associate
- Real Estate Sales Associate
- Real Estate Agent
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Real Estate Associate
Real Estate Research Productivity, World (Journal of Real Estate Literature, 2022)
We are currently accepting applications.
After completing your BBA in Real Estate, you will be able to:
- Develop a conceptual understanding of the functions of real estate markets, real estate practices, and real estate institutions.
- Familiarize students with the nature of the legal environment of real estate.
- Appraise the real estate development opportunities in the commercial real estate markets for residential, warehouse, retail, and industrial properties.
- Develop students' analytical skills to solve specific problems or issues related to the analysis of real estate financing alternatives.
- 60 credits of lower division coursework including business pre-core courses.
- 60 credits of upper division course work, including business core courses, real estate courses, and upper division business electives.
- Real Estate courses require a grade of "C" or higher.
Real Estate Courses
- REE 3043 Real Estate Principles
- REE 4204 Real Estate Finance
- REE 4303 Real Estate Investment
- REE 4433 Legal Environment of Real Estate
- REE 4956 International Real Estate
Elective courses in the major include additional REE classes, FIN classes, and other classes approved by the Department Chair.
One of Florida International University’s main objectives is to provide you with an affordable, high-quality undergraduate education.
Our tuition ranks among the lowest in the nation and the lowest among our competitors. In fact, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine consistently ranks FIU among the top “100 Best Values in Public Colleges”—and U.S. News & World Report also recognizes FIU as a “best buy” in higher education, ranking our students among the least indebted college students in the nation.