- What are the minimum requirements to apply?
The minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for admission to the MBA program are as follows:
- Completion of an undergraduate program in an accredited U.S. college or its equivalent in another country
- Submission of the FIU Graduate Admissions application
- Satisfied all listed admissions requirements (available for download here).
- What is considered professional experience?
Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume and any requested supporting documents. Our admissions committee evaluates an individual’s accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience. The position(s) must display leadership and accountability over people, processes or projects. For our admissions purposes, professional experience can be full-time, part-time or internship positions.
- Do I meet the professional experience criteria?
We would need to view a copy of your resume to determine your level of professional experience. Please send your resume to our Professional MBA inbox at email@example.com to request an evaluation. Please keep in mind that admission for the MBA program are competitive. Meeting the minimum criteria is not a guarantee of admission.
- I have professional experience in another country, does this count?
- Do I have to take the GMAT/GRE?
If you meet our admissions requirements (available for download here), you may not be asked to take a GMAT or GRE. However, our admissions committee reserves the right to ask an applicant to take a GMAT or GRE if it will further strengthen the applicant’s candidacy for our programs.
- Which exam is better? Should I take the GMAT or the GRE?
Although we will accept both exams, the GMAT is preferred.
- Is the $48,000/$52,000(out-of-state) cost for the entire program?
Yes, the cost of the entire program is $48,000 for in-state residents and $52,000 for out-of-state residents. This cost includes parking and Professional Development Residencies.
- What happens if my GPA is below 3.0? Can I still apply?
We require a minimum 3.0 GPA. However, if the applicant does not meet this criteria he or she can still apply. We have the ability to admit a limited number of applicants who do not meet the GPA requirement.
Our program’s admissions process is done in a holistic manner wherein all the components of an applicant’s application (professional experience, writing abilities, previous academic performance, exam scores, etc.) are evaluated.
- Can I waive the TOEFL/IELTS?
International students may waive the TOEFL exam only if they have earned an undergraduate degree, master's degree or doctoral degree in a TOEFL-exempt country. Visit the UGS website to view TOEFL exempt countries.
- Is an applicant at a disadvantage without previous course work in business?
No. We do not require that applicants have an academic background in business to be considered for admission. Also, we do not require that applicants take pre-requisite courses.
- What are the first steps in the financial aid application process?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required of all U.S. citizens and permanent residents who wish to apply for federal student loans. To expedite the processing of federal loan applications, we recommend that you complete the FAFSA as early as possible. Please visit the U.S. Department of Education homepage for more information on the FAFSA, or write to:
FAFSA Information Center
P.O. Box 84
Washington, DC 20044
- What types of financial aid are available from FIU?
Financial aid for PMBA students is primarily in the form of loans, either from two government programs, or through an alternative loan source. To receive financial assistance, you must be fully admitted to an FIU degree program or be enrolled in a qualified certificate program. We do offer limited program-based scholarships. To learn more about available scholarships please click here.
- Will the program provide feedback for students who have not been accepted?
Due to the large number of applications we receive each year, we cannot accommodate requests for personalized feedback on your application. Also, please understand that the decision of our admissions committee is final. If denied you can however reapply in the future.