Applications for the Fall 2024 term will be available September 2023. The deadline to submit all official documents is February 15, 2024.
The last day to apply for admission into the Ph.D. program in various disciplines in the College of Business and submit all official admission documents is February 15, 2024. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
PhD Program Requirements
- Graduate Application for Admission
- Complete online application form. Please select one sub-plan for your area of concentration within Business Administration.
- Pay application fee of $30.00 – the application fee cannot be waived
- Most major credit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders should be payable to Florida International University.
- Graduate applicants: If your post-secondary educational history includes coursework outside the United States, you MUST submit a course-by-course credential translation and evaluation, with grade point average (GPA) calculation included, for all non-U.S. coursework. FIU accepts evaluations/translations from any NACES member evaluation service.
- FIU will no longer accept any post-secondary academic credentials unless they are evaluated and translated by a NACES provider. For more information, please visit: https://admissions.fiu.edu/how-to-apply/submit-transcripts/
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions inside the United States:
- FIU only accepts secure transcripts of post-secondary school records, and these must be received via official channels of mail or authorized electronic transmission. All credentials and documents submitted to the Office of Admissions become the property of FIU and original documents to the applicant will not be provided.
- All applicants are required to have taken either the GMAT or GRE within five years of their application. A GMAT score (or its GRE equivalent) of 600 or higher and a 3.0 GPA or better in post-secondary education is desired, although some applicants falling short of these desired scores and grades have been accepted into our program. Those with GMAT score below 500 or its GRE equivalent score will not be considered for admission.
- The GMAT or GRE exam is an admission requirement that cannot be waived for having years of professional experience, as experience is not an admission requirement for the program.
- (When requesting official scores be submitted, please refer to the Florida International University Institutional code Z9D-BF-74 for the GMAT, and 5206 for the GRE.)
- International students whose native language is not English, must also submit an official report of their score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), from the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores required are as follows: Paper Based (550), Computer Based (213) and Internet Based (80). Students may also take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an overall score of 6.5 is required. Florida International University Institutional code is 5206. For information regarding TOEFL exemption, please visit the FAQs section of our website.
- Statement of Purpose: A well-written statement (maximum 5 pages, double-spaced) describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing a Doctoral degree at Florida International University. The statement of purpose must be submitted online through the online application system.
- Three letters of recommendation from employers, faculty, or professional associates. Recommendation letters must be submitted online through the online application system.
- A current resume of professional experiences must be submitted online through the online application system.
UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMITTED INTO THE PROGRAM
The Declaration Certification of Finances Activity Guide (DCF) is an online process that proves the applicant has sufficient funds for one academic year at FIU. Once an applicant is approved for admission, they will receive emailed instructions on how to access and complete the DCF Activity Guide. After this is completed and approved, we will then be able to issue your I-20 form.
SEND THE DOCUMENTS STATED ABOVE TO:
Florida International University
College of Business - PhD Program
11200 SW 8th Street, MANGO 372
Miami, FL 33199-0001