FIU’s First Faculty-Led Technology Consulting Practice and Student Experiential Learning Program!
ATOM’s mission is to optimize academic learning, and to enhance the potential value and contribution our students will make as future professionals entering the business world. Directed towards experiential education in technology and research, ATOM pursues industry cooperation and business partnerships to provide students with real-world experience that helps to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practice.
How We Can Help
- Technology Consulting
- Operations Management
The Four Pillars of ATOM
Leveraging analytics to allow students to dig deep inside big data, uncover underlying problems, and make logical predictions that influence business decision making.
Developing students’ expertise with the use of novel technologies and IS systems, that drive business strategy, minimize risk, enhance value, and stimulate growth.
Experiential education that optimizes student learning by combining their conceptual knowledge with the practical application of technical skills, to encourage new ideas and solve problems.
Encouraging meaningful business connections to enrich students’ personal and professional development through mentorship and coaching, internships, and professional networking.
Industry Engagement and Partnership
Recognizing the skillsets demanded by today’s technology leaders and employers, ATOM Think Tank actively seeks to encourage mutual engagement and meaningful connections between students and industry leaders through:
- Faculty technology consulting projects that double as real-world capstone and data-driven student assignments.
- Student competitions and hackathons that encourage critical thinking and creative approaches to solve relevant business problems.
- Classroom guest lectures that support mutual engagement, knowledge sharing and exchange of business perspectives.
- Expert panel discussions and professional seminars that heighten awareness and generate conversations surrounding trending topics.
- Formal business pitches/presentations that showcase the caliber of students work to business leaders and recruiters.
- Professional mentorship, networking, and internship opportunities that complement students’ academic progress.
- Corporate sponsorships that support the continuity of student academic development and provide scholarship assistance for students.
Get Started Today!
Thank you for your interest in our consulting expertise. To learn more about the ATOM Think Tank, please contact Director Dr. Karlene Cousins using this form.