The PhD degree in Business is a research-oriented academic degree. Accordingly, the program for finance majors features a strong research component.
The objectives of this program are to provide you with:
- In-depth knowledge of the field of Finance, with emphasis on sub areas of corporate finance, investment, and financial institutions and markets
- Exposure to theories and models relevant to the study of issues and problems in contemporary finance
- The ability to integrate financial knowledge into a logical framework, including the skills to separate myths from research-backed facts and to communicate those results in a scholarly and practical fashion
- Sound conceptual understanding of a set of research tools (e.g. econometrics, research designs and methodology, programming, simulation, etc.) and technical knowledge in their applications and limitations
- Skills to conduct scholarly research and communicate results effectively to an academic and practitioner audience
- Skills development in classroom instruction and teaching effectiveness