Congratulations and welcome to the Panther family! Follow the checklist to confirm your acceptance to FIU. We can't wait to have you here.
How to Register for Classes
Your program manager will handle all course registrations. Please confirm that you have no holds that may prevent registration. To check your holds, please visit my.fiu.edu.
If you are logging into FIU's system for the first time your password will be in the date of birth format DDMonYYYY. Example, if you were born April 20, 1998 your default password will be 20Apr1998.
Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act
Under the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, Florida International University will, upon request, make available to students the completion or graduation rates of certificate or full-time degree-seeking students for a one-year period. Also, available upon request, are university policies regarding procedures for reporting criminal actions or other emergencies; access to campus facilities; campus law enforcement; crime prevention programs; statistics concerning arrests and the occurrence on campus of certain criminal offenses; criminal activity of off-campus student organizations, and the use, possession, and sale of illegal drugs or alcohol. This information can be obtained from the Department of Public Safety or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
How to Pay for Classes
Prior to the payment deadline, students should visit my.fiu.edu and follow the steps provided. Semester tuition payments are due by the first day of class. A payment schedule will be shared with students closer to the start of the program.
If you have financial aid:
- Click the "Financial Aid" tile. Under the "Awards" tab, find the "Accept/Decline" tab to accept awards
If you do not have financial aid:
- Click the “Financial Account” tile. Under the "Make a Payment" tab, pay online with a credit card or electronic check/electronic transfer.
- Pay in person by cash or check at the Student Financials Office in the Student Academic Success Center (SASC), room 101 (MMC) or AC1 140 (BBC). Self-service payment kiosks are also located in SASC.
Wire transfer payments:
- FIU has partnered with Flywire to offer a streamlined and cost-effective payment method to send international payments; therefore, we ask international students to send all bank transfer payments through Flywire.
- Students have the ability to sign up for a payment plan, which is coordinated by the Student Financials office and not the MIB program. Payment installment dates are set up by the university and cannot be changed. Please note there is a $15 payment plan fee that is added to the first installment and the health fee must be paid in full as it does not get split into the installments.