Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar
Winter Break/Spring 2023-24
Study abroad dates: December 8-19, 2023
Academic term: Spring 2024
Join faculty leaders, Elisabeth Beristain and Doreen Gooden on this transformative learning experience. This program provides students with a unique opportunity to experience different cultures and learn how business is conducted in Dubai and Doha.
The travel portion of this program will take place from Friday, December 08, 0:00 AM - Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 11:45 p.m. ET. Students are expected to participate in all pre-travel meetings and to complete the coursework in the Spring 2024.
Open to College of Business undergraduate students only.
Spring ’24 courses of study
One of the following courses is required:
- MAR4933 - Special Topics in Marketing (3 credits)
- MAN4956 – Study Abroad in International Business (3 credits)
Optional courses (up to two courses):
- MAR4156 – International Marketing (3 credits)
- MAN4602 - International Business (3 credits)
- MAN4720 – Strategic Management (3 credits)
Note: Selected courses must be applicable to the degree program for clearance and approval. A student may enroll in a minimum of one 3-credit course and up to three 3-credit courses in total. All courses, mandatory and optional, require academic advising approval.
Roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodation in a double-occupancy room, local ground transportation, daily breakfast, activities and excursions, and international travel health insurance provided through FIU.
- FIU course instructional fees, meals not provided by the program, optional extra activities, non-refundable mandatory $195 study abroad application fee, visa and passport fees, and personal expenses.
*Non-refundable $500 deposit is required with application. Passport must be valid for six months beyond travel dates.
Eligible students can use financial aid for study abroad. You may also be eligible to apply for CIBER scholarship.
Stay tuned for upcoming study abroad opportunities: Spring Break ’24 and Summer ’24