The complexity of today’s business environment demands that non-financial business professionals such as human resources, operations, sales and project managers work collaboratively with the organization’s finance and accounting teams to deliver the best results possible.
Finance and accounting are the “lifeblood” of any organization. In order to become a key influencer at your organization, you must understand the basics and learn the language of finance.
FIU’s Finance Essentials for Non-Finance Business Leaders program will introduce you to financial institutions, financial investments, business financial planning, financial analysis and more. Gain exposure to essential finance and accounting principles, broaden your understanding of financial analysis and upgrade skills in the field of financial management.
Who will Benefit
Business professionals with at least 2 years of experience, entrepreneurs, new managers.
By improving the clarity of many finance techniques and the relationship between concepts covered in this course, you will:
- Learn the key concepts to understand finance and how they affect company performance.
- Master the language of finance and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Know where, when and how to seek information to evaluate a organization’s financial health.
- Plan, source, allocate and control an organization’s financial future.
- Identify opportunities to finance company operations.
- Evaluate investment opportunities in an increasingly global marketplace.
General Information/Custom Programs: FIU Business Executive Education can create custom training programs specific to the needs of your organization. Please connect with us by submitting the inquiry form below or contact us 305.348.4217 or fiuExecEd@fiu.edu.
Request More Information
Use this form to request more information about the executive education training we provide and to let us know about your unique needs. Someone will respond shortly.
Schedule & Registration
Your program fee includes:
- Digital Access to Educational Materials
- Digital Access to Instructional Resources
- Optional, one office hour with expert guide
- Florida International University Certificate of Completion
SAMPLE Schedule, approximately 10 weeks, self-paced
Estimated Time Commitment
Interpreting Financial Statements
Evaluating Financial Performance
Financial Instruments and Markets
The Financing Decision
Discounted Cash Flow Techniques
Risk Analysis in Investment Decisions
Business Valuation and Corporate Restructuring
Approximately 38 hours of course work with up to four months to complete the program
Elevate your knowledge of finance and accounting. Here are the key topics you’ll cover during your program:
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Evaluating Financial Performance
- Financial Forecasting
- Managing Growth
- Financial Instruments and Markets
- The Financing Decision
- Discounted Cash Flow Techniques
- Risk Analysis in Investment Decisions
- Business Valuation and Corporate Restructuring
Financial Assistance & Discounts
FIU Executive Education programs are designed to enhance your management skills and boost your career success. Because our certificate programs are non-credit and do not lead to a degree, they do not qualify for traditional student financial aid. However, financial assistance is available in a variety of methods:
All Programs for Individuals
FIU Executive Education programs for individuals are delivered virtually by an instructor on evenings and weekends. The short programs, in such areas as human resources, project management, Lean Six Sigma, finance and more, can also be taken fully online at your own pace.