To provide leadership, management, and support for the faculty and student research and related resources (human, financial and space) within FIU Business. Such responsibilities will include administration and oversight of all funded research initiatives and doctoral programs within the College.
- To provide guidance and support to facilitate, nurture and safeguard the research initiatives within FIU business
- Encourage and facilitate interdisciplinary and disciplinary research and innovation within FIU Business;
- Ensure FIU Business’ research community earns and maintains both institutional and public trust; and
- Promote and sustain a culture of integrity, diversity and operational excellence for all FIU Business research endeavors.
- Enact strategies and programs to enhance the research climate and funded and unfunded opportunities within FIU Business for faculty, staff and students.
- Manage implementation of all FIU Business grant and contract-sponsored research programs.
- Review and approve (as appropriate) FIU Business research-related faculty and staff grant and contract
- Manage relationships and serve as the liaison with the FIU University Graduate School and the Office of the Vice-President for Research on behalf of the FIU Business Office of the Dean, faculty and staff.
- Serve as a resource and facilitator for FIU Business faculty and staff preparing for or actively writing research grants, having operational questions concerning funded grants, or encountering problems or difficulties with grant-related activities.
- Evaluate grant and contract progression and indirect benefits to FIU Business.
- Work with the FIU Business Director of Finance and Human Resources to prepare the annual college research awards request and to allocate such funds as are allotted.
- Regularly assess the quality of the doctoral programs using quantitative metrics and descriptive narrative for all required University accreditation reports.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the doctoral program curriculum and degree requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise all the Chapman Center for Engaged Management and Evidence-Based Solutions activities.
- Review research-related diversity, equity and inclusion issues and initiatives collaboratively with the FIU Business Office of the Dean and others within the college to develop responses and initiatives to enhance climate and
- Oversee all FIU Business doctoral students
- Create new innovative faculty initiatives related to research and other delivery methods for courses, conferences and symposia.
- Propose new research-related space utilization requirements and adhere to internal and external agencies’ policies and procedures.
- Develop and lead research-focused innovative initiatives within the Chapman Graduate School and FIU Business.
- Work with department chairs, directors, and other leaders within the FIU Business and the university to identify research-related innovation opportunities and provide leadership to move from ideas to implementation.