I step into this leadership role as the Associate Dean for Research and Doctoral Studies at FIU Business with great enthusiasm. I believe the mandates for this office are quintessential to the mission of FIU Business to provide guidance and support to facilitate, nurture and safeguard the research initiatives within our college. Our primary goal is to provide a robust research infrastructure designed to increase research grants, contracts and gifts that advance our mission while increasing our potential to make a collective impact at the local, state, national and international levels.
As my team works diligently to increase the capacity of our new Office of Research and Doctoral Studies, I look forward to contributing to a research culture that leverages innovation and science to make an impactful and sustainable difference in the communities we serve. I intend to build a resource that provides efficient and effective pre- and post-award support grounded in high-level service to its constituents. This support includes, but is not limited to:
- creating faculty research development initiatives
- administering an FIU Business small grants program
- developing research-promoting policies and procedures
- creating sustainable community partnerships
- identifying relevant funding opportunities
- providing first-rate proposal development and submission services
- providing reliable grants management and compliance guidance
- creatively disseminating our scholarship to a broad range of stakeholders
- maintaining the highest level of quality within our doctoral programs
George Marakas, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research and Doctoral Studies
Florida International University College of Business