Our Master of Science in Health Informatics & Analytics candidates are highly motivated professionals intent on reaching that next level of leadership success. Only 40 students in total are accepted each fall, and admissions decisions can be quite competitive. Admission to the Master of Health Informatics & Analytics program is based on a variety of factors and will be evaluated holistically. Our admissions team carefully screens each application to ensure candidates are an optimal fit for the program demands and objectives.
To be eligible for admission to the MSHIA degree program, prospective students must:
- Hold a four-year U.S. equivalent Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum upper division grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Achieve a competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). FIU University's code is 5206.
Waiver of the requirement could be considered if either:
- The applicant has a minimum of four (4) years of professional experience directly related to the program
- If the applicant already completed a graduate degree in a directly related field from an accredited university with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or
- Having an analytics, business, computer science, engineering, healthcare, information systems, information technology, or math, or science undergraduate degree from an accredited school with an upper division grade point average (GPA) of 3.25, or higher, and have completed an internship.
- Provide a personal statement on the motivation to attend the program, including personal and career goals.
- Applicants who hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by taking either:
- TOEFL (minimum scores are: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based)
- IELTS (minimum score is 6.5)
- Duolingo (minimum score: 120)
TOEFL and IELTS test scores are considered official when sent by the testing center directly to our school. When requesting the official scores, please refer to the Florida International University Institution code 5206.
Entrance through Graduate Certificate of Health Informatics option
If applicant is a student in the FIU Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management or FIU Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics programs, and has completed the first 12 credits with a GPA of 3.25 or higher, he or she may be eligible for admission to the MSHI&A program. Appropriate courses from the Certificate program may be transferred into the MSHI&A degree program.
We encourage you to apply early, as class size is limited to 40 students. The deadline to submit your online application, supporting academic credentials, and appropriate test scores is August 1, 2023.
Currently Accepting Applications for Fall 2023.