FIU Executive Education’s Condominium Board Member Training Certificate Program is the answer to the urgent call for empowered and informed condo board members. Comprehensive and multi-disciplinary, our certificate program uniquely blends technical issues in condo management with the leadership skills crucial to the sustainability of our condo communities.
Created by a nationally recognized condominium author and expert with a track record of successes at older properties, our program meets and exceeds the Florida mandate for condo board member certification. Efficiently solve condominium problems and arm yourself with practical insights, proven strategies, case studies, and perspectives of audit, law, and insurance professionals.
The program is divided into 3 Pillars ™
- Proactive, Hands-On and Well-Organized Management
- Financial Strength: Now and Into the Future
- Leading People and Understanding Property Owners
Beyond covering key areas such as reserve studies and leading major repairs and renovations, the program also will elevate your leadership skills to successfully manage people, build trust, persuade, organize, and communicate to create harmonious and thriving associations.
Who Will Benefit
Condominium board members, property owners and management.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the three main systems of condominium association management.
- Organize the voluminous data at your association.
- Utilize the reserve study as a guide to current and future spending.
- Organize and lead major renovations.
- Strategically work with and manage attorneys, finance/audit and insurance and other professionals
- Learn the main personality traits to help you understand people.
- Successfully negotiate conflicts and disputes.
- Create abundant, continuous, and transparent communications. Create a culture of board member collaboration.
- Streamline processes with numerous templates, checklists and how-to guides you will use repeatedly.
General Information/Custom Programs: FIU Business Executive Education can create custom training programs specific to the needs of your organization. Please connect with us by submitting the inquiry form below or contact us 305.348.4217 or fiuExecEd@fiu.edu.
Solve your Toughest Condominium Problems
Request More Information
Use this form to request more information about the executive education training we provide and to let us know about your unique needs. Someone will respond shortly.
Schedule & Registration
Self-paced, fully online
Your program fee includes:
- Digital Access to Educational Materials
- Digital Access to Instructional Resources
- Optional Zoom Session with Instructor
- Florida International University Certificate of Completion
SAMPLE Schedule, approximately 8 hours, self-paced
PROACTIVE, HANDS-ON, AND WELL ORGANIZED
Learn effective strategies to stay organized, manage major renovations, and collaborate effectively as a board.
FINANCIAL STRENGTH: NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE
Understand the essentials of condo finance, from reviewing end of month statements to working with Florida specialists like condominium attorneys, CPAs and insurance professionals.
LEADING PEOPLE AND UNDERSTANDING PROPERTY OWNERS
Master proven techniques to understand, manage and communicate effectively with diverse property owners.
Approximately 8 hours over a maximum of 60 days
- Keeping Organized
- Reserve Studies
- The Hired Manager
- Major Repairs and Renovations
- Board Member Collaboration
- Learning from Sample Budgets
- Understanding Month-end Financial Statements
- The Main Personality Traits Help You Understand People
- Creating Abundant, Transparent Communications
Financial Assistance & Discounts
FIU Executive Education programs are designed to enhance your management skills and boost your career success. Because our certificate programs are non-credit and do not lead to a degree, they do not qualify for traditional student financial aid. However, financial assistance is available in a variety of methods: