We work diligently to ensure that you receive valuable, career-related, internship opportunities and assist you in obtaining course credit for the your learning experience.
- Allows students to experience real work situations while earning college credit towards their degrees. Students have three courses to choose from that will give them credit for having an internship in any semester.
- Provides opportunities to apply classroom knowledge to real work situations. Internships allow students to test what students have learned and develop a better understanding of what they are learning at Florida International University.
- Grants students real world experience and helps in their career decision-making. An internship may help students decide what they would want to do in the future and it and gives them a better understanding of what is expected.
- Internships enhance students’ resumes and provide experience and know-how on what it takes to succeed in the workplace. Employers look to hire students with real world work experience, and internships provide just that!
- Internship programs strengthen and enhance students’ skills. An internship provides an opportunity for students to develop their interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and other work related skills.
- Increases job opportunities after graduation by providing students the opportunity to interact with possible future employers.
The pathway to your future!
We are committed to providing you with a world-class education. Our purpose is to prepare you to be ready to face the business world. That is why the Department International Business and Business Career Management Department have partnered with several of the key players in today’s business world to offer you internships that will create opportunities and take you down the road to success. Take advantage of your opportunities!
Aside from the general forms and guidelines that every student should complete; as an international student, you are responsible of following additional guidelines provided by International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).
These guidelines can be found in the ISSS website and include but are not limited to:
If you are a student with an F-1 Visa
- The internship must be part of your program requirements
- You must participate in workshop (CPT)-online appointment and complete the forms required by such workshop, (i.e. Department letter demonstrating your qualification for the Co-Op Course)
- Must make appt. with advisor (UP 305.348.2421. BBC: 305.919.5813)
If you are a student with a J-1 Visa
- You must demonstrate that the internship is part of your program requirements,
- You must provide a letter from the Management Department stating the above
- Any other paperwork asked from International Relations and ISSS