FIU’S Lean Six Sigma Green Belt International Certification program includes a project component guided by a Master Black Belt instructor.
Gain a deeper understanding and learn how to improve business productivity by eliminating waste and reducing process variations using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze Improve and Control) approach. Sessions cover the usage of statistical tools for solving business problems and contributing to organizational goals.
The program enables individuals to drive performance improvement projects, manage teams, develop leadership acumen and make fact-based decision-making. These are generally projects that feed to larger themes picked by CXOs and help ensure achievement of organizational goals. Improve critical pain points in your work areas by collaborating with team members from your unit or other company departments/functions.
- Develop capability for data driven problem solving (dispel perceptions)
- Drive Lean Six Sigma concepts and mentor teams within the organization
- Participate in transformation programs as LSS coach/change agents
- Contribute to organizational growth plans by executing excellence projects
- Support leadership in setting short- and long-term growth perspectives (KPI/ROI)
- Guide team members for relevant data collection, analysis and inference
- Build competency development and enhance career
- Enhance their project management techniques
- Achieve tangible/intangible benefits for the organization through operation excellence projects
Green Belt candidates must provide documentation (certificate) demonstrating successful completion of Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification*. Certificate of completion (PDF file) must be uploaded to the registration form.
COMBO YELLOW + GREEN BELT CERTIFICATION
If you are not Yellow Belt certified, sign up for our Yellow Belt program for just $150 (a savings of $285 from the regular $435 tuition).
General Information/Custom Programs: FIU Business Executive Education can create custom training programs specific to the needs of your organization. Please connect with us by submitting the inquiry form below or contact us.
Improve business processes through quality-improvement approaches
Request More Information
Use this form to request more information about the executive education training we provide and to let us know about your unique needs. Someone will respond shortly.
Schedule & Registration
Feb. 17 to Mar. 19, 2024
Training/Contact Hours: 40
Virtual, Live via Zoom / Instructor-Led
Program fee includes:
- Expert Instructor-led, live training
- Educational Materials
- Instructional Resources
- Florida International University Certification
Lean Six Sigma Overview, Continuous Improvement Methodology, DMAIC Problem Solving Method, Lean Six Sigma Forms
Project Charter Format, 8 Waste Problems Discovery, 15 Guilding Priniples Solutions, Determining Customer Requirements, Developing a Measurement Plan
How to Build a Problem Solving Team, Identifying Waste in the Workplace, Value Stream Mapping Overview
Customer Research Planning & Customer Segmentation, Customer Surveying, Basic Statistics Methods, Documenting & Analyze Problems, SIPOC Mapping Method
Statistical Control Charts, Western Electric Control Chart Rules, Using Pareto for Root Cause Analysis, Other Root Cause Analysis Methods
Developing Standard Work Documentation, Process Stratification, Multi Generation Project Planning (MGPP), Generating Improvement Ideas, Pugh Matrix Solution Selection Method
Change Management I, How to Deal With Resistance with CLR (Communication, Learning & Recognition, Value Stream Transformation Life Cycle
Gemba Walking the Process, Time Study Observations, Validating the Process Improvements
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cause & Effect Matrix, Confidence Intervals, Hypothesis Testing
Measuring Improvements with Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) One-Way, ANOVA Two-Way
Stop to Fix Error Proofing Methods, Change Management II
Implementation Plan & Execution, Communication Planing, Tracking Metrics, Closing Project, Piloting
Closing the Project, Replication Planning, Lessons Learned, Next Steps, Elevator Speech
- Project Charter, Voice of the Customer (VOC) to Critical-To-Quality (CTQ), KANO Model and SIPOC Diagram
- Process Capability, Segmentation and Stratification and Sampling Strategy
- Measurement System Analysis
- Box Plot, Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) and Process Map
- Pareto, Concept of LEAN, Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation, Mistake-proofing and FMEA
- Process Management Charts and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Fishbone Diagram, Data Collection Plan (DCP) and Normality Study
- Run Chart, Control Chart and Regression
Financial Assistance & Discounts
FIU Executive Education programs are designed to enhance your management skills and boost your career success. Because our certificate programs are non-credit and do not lead to a degree, they do not qualify for traditional student financial aid. However, financial assistance is available in a variety of methods:
All Programs for Individuals
FIU Executive Education programs for individuals are delivered virtually by an instructor on evenings and weekends. The short programs, in such areas as human resources, project management, Lean Six Sigma, finance and more, can also be taken fully online at your own pace.