With the Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate (AMLCA), a compliance officer demonstrates a broad understanding of the AML body of knowledge and has accepted the challenge to stay informed of new developments in the AML field. The certification is a prestigious, internationally recognized credential. The training will review the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the responsibilities of an AML Compliance Officer.
- Instruction led by world-class, qualified instructors with expertise in AML
- Ongoing support from cohort peers and instructors through our online learning platform
- Eight easy-to-follow modules and case studies tailored to guide all participants through the learning experience
- Multimedia and other learning tools designed to enhance comprehension of key AML concepts
- Practice quizzes that assess AML comprehension to successfully prepare for the certification exam
- Professional accreditation developed and offered in partnership with Florida International University (FIU)—a nationally accredited university, ranked #2 in International Business in the USA by US News & World Report.
- Access to a global and ever-growing alumni network.
Who Should Attend?
- AML compliance officers
- AML analysts
- Risk managers
- AML consultants
- Chartered Accountants
- People who are new to AML compliance
- Experienced AML officers who need to expand their knowledge base in order to advance in their institutions
- General Managers who want a more comprehensive understanding of AML expectations and requirements.
Participants who successfully complete the program, will:
- Utilize necessary tools to implement and improve internal controls, policies, procedures and processes of each organization
- Incorporate key factors to effectively mitigate risks in transactions of possible money laundering and terrorist financing
- Effectively meet the challenge of complying with the expectations of AML / CFT laws and regulations
General Information/Custom Programs: FIU Business Executive Education can create custom training programs specific to the needs of your organization. Please connect with us by submitting the inquiry form below or contact us 305.348.4217 or fiuExecEd@fiu.edu.
Request More Information
Use this form to request more information about the executive education training we provide and to let us know about your unique needs. Someone will respond shortly.
Schedule & Registration
Please use the appropriate link above to register for the AMLCA program. Please note once on the FIBA website, you will be required to create your FIBA profile prior to registering.
Please use the appropriate link above to register for the AMLCA program. The online course is an interactive option design for participants interested in completing the certification at their own pace. Through open forums and discussions, participants will have the opportunity to actively engaged with the instructor and classmates to discuss the assigned materials. Participants will have 90 days to complete the reading materials, PowerPoint narratives, 23 practice quizzes and the final certification exam.
Please refer to the AMLCA Program Guidelines.
The program covers all the following topics:
- Application of AML laws, regulations
- International & higher risk transactions
- Understanding and risk rating at financial institutions
- Customer Due Diligence & Enhanced Due Diligence
- Conducting internal investigations
- Self-monitoring AML compliance systems
- Monitoring transactions
- Preparing for exams & audits
- Monitoring, identification, & reporting of suspicious activity
- Dealing with regulatory/law enforcement requests & sanctions
- The BSA/AML FFIEC Manual in practice
All Programs for Individuals
FIU Executive Education programs for individuals are delivered virtually by an instructor on evenings and weekends. The short programs, in such areas as human resources, project management, Lean Six Sigma, finance and more, can also be taken fully online at your own pace.