Frequently Asked Questions

  • What are the criteria for being admitted to the College of Business?

    General admission criteria are completion of 60 semester hours or an AA degree; 2.50 for all lower and upper division courses (including transfer coursework); and completion of all business pre-core with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.

    For detailed information, please click here.

  • How can I find out what lower division credits will transfer?

    Transfer and Transition Services keeps a database of evaluated transfer courses, called T.E.D. Students may consult this list to gain an idea of what courses may transfer. An official determination will be made upon meeting with an advisor. If an institution or course is not in the database, the advisor will need a supplemental documentation (in English, provided by the student) to submit to Transfer and Transition Services for evaluation. Please note that this process takes at least two weeks from the time of submission.

  • If I took business courses at my previous institution will they transfer?

    Students transferring from an accredited four-year institution may be able to transfer third- and fourth-year business courses. Please consult the Equivalency List to see if the courses have been evaluated. If not, please consult with an Academic Advisor for instructions on submitting your request. Business courses taken at two-year institutions will not meet third- and fourth-year requirements.

  • Do you offer fully online programs?

    Yes, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree is offered fully online for the following majors:

    • Finance
    • Human Resource Management
    • International Business
    • Logistics and Supply Chain Management
    • Management
    • Marketing

    Program Guidelines

    Admission requirements follow the same as for the traditional business majors.

  • Can I take courses at another school after starting at FIU?

    In special cases, students may attend another institution after enrolling at FIU. However, students must obtain permission (i.e. Transient Student Form) from an academic advisor before enrolling at any other institution. Failure to do so may result in course credit not being transferrable.

  • How do I change my major within the college?

    A student fully admitted to the College, and to change majors within the College, must complete the Change of Program Plan form. This form must be submitted to your assigned advisor. All changes must be made prior to earning 90 credits.

  • What is the difference between a major and minor?

    An integral part of the bachelor's degree is a major concentration of coursework in an approved academic discipline or area. A minor program is an arrangement of courses that enable students to develop some degree of expertise in one area of study. A minor is awarded upon completion of the bachelor's degree (major) and is not interdisciplinary in nature.

  • What is a double major?

    A double major is when a student pursues two major fields of study. These fields can be from the same college (i.e. finance and marketing) or from two different colleges (i.e. finance and economics.) Students must complete all degree requirements for both fields to graduate with a double major.

  • What are business electives?

    Business electives are courses required for graduation that are not part of the core or major requirements. Students are encouraged to consult with an advisor about satisfying this requirement.

  • What certificates are offered through the college?

    The College of Business offers a variety of undergraduate certificates separate from the degree programs. For detailed information, click here.

  • What can I do if a course I want is closed?

    Students attempting to gain an override should speak to their assigned advisor as soon as possible, but no later than the first day of class. Please note that students must still meet any prerequisite requirements for the course. An override does not waive the student from completing the prerequisites.

  • Who is my assigned advisor?

    Students receive an advisor when admitted to the College of Business. You can locate your advisor through the Panther Success Network (PSN). Once logged in, their name is under the "academic advising tile". You are also able to exchange written communicate with them through the system.

  • How can I make an appointment with my assigned advisor?

    Students are able to schedule appointments with their advisor through PSN to meet via zoom, by phone, or in-person by selecting this link to schedule an appointment. Generally, appointments are made available one week in advance.

  • What is a Panther Degree Audit (PDA) and how do I find mine?

    PDA stands for Panther Degree Audit and is available at The PDA provides a record of the students’ academic progress toward completion of their degree program. It allows the student to review the courses they have taken, including in progress courses, and how many courses they need to complete their degree. Students should check their PDA frequently to verify completion of degree requirements. Any errors should be reported to an advisor for review.

  • Where can I find more information about scholarships?

    The College does offer scholarship opportunities for its students. Each spring, applications are available for the next academic year. Students are encouraged to visit the scholarship page for specific information.

  • Where can I find out about internships?

    Students may either contact the academic program office for details/availability, or visit Business Career Management (BCM) to obtain internship information. Please note that each department has its own requirements for earning credit for internships.