Congratulations and welcome to the Panther family! Follow the checklist to confirm your acceptance to FIU. We can't wait to have you here.
How to Register for Classes
Your program manager will handle all course registrations. Please confirm that you have no holds that may prevent registration. To check your holds, please visit my.fiu.edu.
If you are logging into FIU's system for the first time your password will be in the date of birth format DDMonYYYY. Example, if you were born April 20, 1998 your default password will be 20Apr1998.
Enrollment / How do I register?
Enrollment is restricted to the program staff only. Students in the program will be registered for courses by the departmental staff before the beginning of each term- approximately a month before each new semester (fall, spring, and summer).
The MBA in Business Analytics program is a lockstep/cohort program, which means that your courses will be offered on a fixed schedule, and you will be taking these courses with the same group of students throughout the entire program. The program will register you for classes and will send you an email when it is time to submit your tuition payment. Any drop/withdraw requests must be made to the program directly by the student and must be in writing.
Please click here for the program calendar
Dates provided are tentative and subject to change.
When can I see the syllabus?
The syllabus should be available on Canvas 1-2 weeks before the start of each course.
Who should I contact for academic questions regarding my courses and assignments?
Your instructor should be your first point of contact with any academic concerns regarding your courses, i.e. grade inquiries, exam/assignment deadlines and extensions, course concerns, IN grade requests, etc.
How do I check my FIU email?
FIU provides an email account to all students. It is university policy that an FIU email account be the official channel of email communication to all students. This involves any inquiries and requests towards a student’s account. IMBA students should expect to utilize and receive emails directly to their FIU account.
To access your FIU email account, please visit https://panthermail.fiu.edu/ and sign in using your user ID and password.
If you're not sure what your official FIU email address is, please follow these steps:
- Login to MyFIU Account.
- Click on the Change Password tab.
- Locate the User ID box located to Account Type "FIU Panthermail". That is your primary email address username. Your email will be that username, followed by @fiu.edu.
How to Pay for Classes
Prior to the payment deadline, students should visit my.fiu.edu and follow the steps provided. Semester tuition payments are due by the first day of class. A payment schedule will be shared with students closer to the start of the program.
If you have financial aid:
- Click the "Financial Aid" tile. Under the "Awards" tab, find the "Accept/Decline" tab to accept awards
If you do not have financial aid:
- Click the “Financial Account” tile. Under the "Make a Payment" tab, pay online with a credit card or electronic check/electronic transfer.
- Pay in person by cash or check at the Student Financials Office in the Student Academic Success Center (SASC), room 101 (MMC) or AC1 140 (BBC). Self-service payment kiosks are also located in SASC.
Wire transfer payments:
- FIU has partnered with Flywire to offer a streamlined and cost-effective payment method to send international payments; therefore, we ask international students to send all bank transfer payments through Flywire.
- Students have the ability to sign up for a payment plan, which is coordinated by the Student Financials office and not the MIB program. Payment installment dates are set up by the university and cannot be changed. Please note there is a $15 payment plan fee that is added to the first installment and the health fee must be paid in full as it does not get split into the installments.
Here is what the payment breakdown
for the program by semester looks like.
When is payment due?
Payment is due at the beginning of each new semester (term).
Where can I find how much I owe?
If your financial aid does not cover the full cost of tuition, fees and other educational expenses, you are obligated to pay any remaining balance. Use the following steps to see what you may owe:
- Log onto MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for help.
- Select 'Financial Account.'
- Click on the appropriate semester.
Whom should I contact for Financial Aid inquiries?
The Chapman Graduate School of Business has a dedicated Financial Aid team. Their contact information is email@example.com or 305.348.8045.
Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act
Under the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, Florida International University will, upon request, make available to students the completion or graduation rates of certificate or full-time degree-seeking students for a one-year period. Also, available upon request, are university policies regarding procedures for reporting criminal actions or other emergencies; access to campus facilities; campus law enforcement; crime prevention programs; statistics concerning arrests and the occurrence on campus of certain criminal offenses; criminal activity of off-campus student organizations, and the use, possession, and sale of illegal drugs or alcohol. This information can be obtained from the Department of Public Safety or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.