Landon Undergraduate SchoolFrequently Asked Questions

General admission criteria are completion of 60 semester hours or an AA degree; 2.50 for all lower and upper division courses (including transfer coursework); and completion of all business pre-core with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.

For detailed information, please click here.

First step would be to take the MyMajorMatch assessment found under Academics of your student portal.  This tool is designed to identify your skills and interests.  Once you have completed this assessment you should be able to determine the best major.  If you are still unsure, you can meet with an Academic Advisor or Career Counselor in COB to explore your options.

Transfer and Transition Services keeps a database of evaluated transfer courses, called T.E.D.  Students may consult this list to gain an idea of what courses may transfer. An official determination will be made upon meeting with an advisor. If an institution or course is not in the database, the advisor will need a supplemental documentation (in English, provided by the student) to submit to Transfer and Transition Services for evaluation. Please note that this process takes at least two weeks from the time of submission.

Students transferring from an accredited four-year institution may be able to transfer third- and fourth-year business courses. Please consult the Equivalency List to see if the courses have been evaluated. If not, please consult with an Academic Advisor for instructions on submitting your request. Business courses taken at two-year institutions will not meet third- and fourth-year requirements.

Yes, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree is offered fully online for the following majors:

  • Management
  • International business
  • Human Resource Management
  • Finance
  • Logistics and Supply Chain Management
  • Marketing

Program Guidelines:

  • Admission requirements follow the same as for the traditional business majors.

In special cases, students may attend another institution after enrolling at FIU. However, students must obtain permission (i.e. Transient Student Form) from an academic advisor before enrolling at any other institution. Failure to do so may result in course credit not being transferrable.

A student who has been fully admitted to the College, and who wishes to change majors within the College, must complete the Change of Major/Admission to Upper Division form. This form must be submitted to a COB advisor. All changes must be made prior to earning 90 credits.

Business majors may choose to minor in a discipline outside the college. Students interested in such programs should refer to the FIU Undergraduate Catalog for available non-business minors. Business majors may not have a minor in business. Business majors who wish to pursue more than one area in business must double major.

An integral part of the bachelor's degree is a major concentration of coursework in an approved academic discipline or area. A minor program is an arrangement of courses that enable students to develop some degree of expertise in one area of study. A minor is awarded upon completion of the bachelor's degree (major) and is not interdisciplinary in nature.

A double major is when a student pursues two major fields of study. These fields can be from the same college (i.e. finance and marketing) or from two different colleges (i.e. finance and economics.) Students must complete all degree requirements for both fields to graduate with a double major.

Business electives are courses required for graduation that are not part of the core or major requirements. Students are encouraged to consult with an advisor about satisfying this requirement.

The College of Business offers a variety of undergraduate certificates separate from the degree programs. For detailed information, click here 

Students attempting to gain an override should speak to the Program Office as soon as possible, but no later than the first day of class. Please note that students must still meet any prerequisite requirements for the course. An override does not waive the student from completing the prerequisites.

A course requires a department consent when the enrollment capacity has been reached. To register for these courses, the respective Program Office will issue the student a permission number (if possible) which is used to register for the course.

My e_Advisor provides undergraduate students and advisors with immediate feedback with regard to the student’s progress on interactive Major Maps, the semester-by-semester academic plan designed for a timely graduation. My e_Advisor alerts students and advisors if a student are off track. This tool also provides students with opportunities to plan courses that will put students back on track. My e_Advisor includes a record of advising notes that both students and advisors may view at any time.

Students are assigned an advisor when admitted to the College of Business. The advisors name is provided in the acceptance letter and contacting them is done by logging into

Appointments can only be made online by College of Business students. During non-registration periods, students are seen on an appointment and walk-in basis. Students can select this link to schedule an appointment. Generally, appointments are made available one week in advance.

PDA stands for Panther Degree Audit and is available at The PDA provides a record of the students’ academic progress toward completion of their degree program. It allows the student to review the courses they have taken, including in progress courses, and how many courses they need to complete their degree. Students should check their PDA frequently to verify completion of degree requirements. Any errors should be reported to an advisor for review.

The College does offer scholarship opportunities for its students. Each spring, applications are available for the next academic year. Students are encouraged to visit the scholarship page for specific information.

Students should visit Business Career Management to obtain internship information. Additionally, some of the departments within COB have a faculty member who can assist students in obtaining information about internships. Please note that each department has its own requirements for earning credit for internships.

Back to top