The Inspiring Futures Mentor Program through The JCB Hope Initiative at FIU Business is designed to enhance the classroom experience by linking students with leading executives for one-on-one mentoring.
Mentors share career advice and valuable insight into the transition to the post–college world. Students build career networks and develop skills to become better professionals and leaders.
- Provide a rewarding experience that complements the students’ academic training
- Encourage students to proactively establish business relationships
- Provide students with another voice that stresses the importance of professionalism, strong work ethic, effective time management skills and other essential work habits
- Provide a platform for students to form an unscripted professional relationship with the specific goals and schedule to be determined by the mentor and their protégé
If you're an industry leader with a desire to make an invaluable contribution to the personal and professional development of a student, we encourage you to apply.
We're looking for alumni and other local professionals who:
- Have at least three years of professional experience
- Are willing to be available for their mentee throughout the academic year
- Are able to provide advice to help in transition from the classroom to the workplace
As a mentee, you'll learn from your mentor's personal and professional experience, knowledge and skills. The one-on-one mentor relationship allows for individual attention to your career aspirations, professional development and networking needs.
To participate in the program, we're looking for students who are:
- Fully admitted undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Business
- Willing to initiate and maintain regular contact with their mentor
- Serious about their personal and professional development
Please note the following important dates for the Inspiring Futures Mentor Program:
- Kick-Off Reception: TBA
- End of Year Celebration: TBA
- Formal Match Close Date: TBA
Our event dates are announced as we approach them through separate invitations with RSVP information within the PeopleGrove platform. Continue to check back in the platform to hear about any exciting opportunities!