Prepare for executive roles in the industry.
Over 360,000 cybersecurity leadership roles still need to be filled*. So there is a high demand for professionals with business and IT skills to oversee and govern the cybersecurity of organizations.
FIU's MBA in Cybersecurity Risk Management (MBACRM) prepares you to become a strategic thinker who can effectively bridge gaps between business needs, security standards and policies, technologies, and human behaviors.
As a result, you'll have the skills to excel in roles such as:
- Chief information security officer (CISO)
- Security architect
- Information systems security manager,
- Cyber policy and strategy planner,
- IT investment/portfolio manager, and more.
According to an estimate from Salary.com, Information Security Managers with MBAs earn a median yearly salary of $143,970.
*Source: Cyberseek US
Get the best of an MBA and an IT degree in one program.
FIU's MBA in Cybersecurity balances the full spectrum of business courses provided in an MBA (finance, accounting, competitive strategy, negotiation, etc.) along with a specialized curricula in cybersecurity strategies and tactics to prevent, detect, and respond to cybersecurity attacks.
In addition to technical skills, you'll gain vital soft skills in communication, presentation, writing, and networking, which are indispensable for those who aspire to move into leadership roles.
With FIU's MBACRM, you get the best of both worlds: a background in business and technical expertise.
Why the MBA in Cybersecurity Risk Management at FIU Business?
- First-rate education and a respected degree at a remarkable value
- You'll get the best of both worlds: a strong background in business and technical expertise (21 hours of MBA core coursework and 24 hours of coursework specialized in cybersecurity risk management).
- Maximum flexibility with in-person or fully-online synchronous classes
- Experiential learning and consulting opportunities
- Small cohort size (up to 20 students) to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Preparation to become ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- STEM-designated MBA
- All Fortune 500 companies are activly hiring our students through our Business Career Management office.
The MBACRM's curriculum was developed by business and cybersecurity experts that understand the needs of the industry. It combines training in cybersecurity risk management with education and background in business to prepare you for cybersecurity leadership roles in just 20 months.
Students will learn to conduct cybersecurity risk assessments and propose cybersecurity solutions as well as how to communicate, orally and in writing, with organizational stakeholders regarding cybersecurity, strategy, risks, incidents, solutions and metrics.
Courses such as Business Statistical Analysis, Corporate Finance, Organizational Behavior, and International Business will increase your business acumen to give you a solid business foundation.
FIU's Chapman Graduate School of Business has a dedicated department for financial aid to help you fund your dream program. Join us for an info session to learn more by registering below.