Helping Businesses Grow & Succeed
Government Contracting Services available through the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (Florida PTAC) offer high-value confidential one-on-one consulting, at no cost, to help Florida businesses prepare, research, and bid on government contracts. Our Procurement Specialists are knowledgeable, experienced and eager to assist you in making selling to the government less complicated and more profitable.
Key Questions to Ask
Though potentially lucrative, government contracting requires a substantial amount of time and resource commitment. Therefore, businesses interested in entering the government marketplace should consider the following questions to determine their potential for success as a government contractor.
- Do you have steady and/or growing commercial market sales that can support a new market venture?
- Is the company well established and have the necessary experienced staff, appropriate tooling and overall resources to fulfill government contract requirements?
- Do you have an active strategic plan and staff willing to implement government contracting sales?
- Is the company financially solvent with no legal judgments?
- Do you have available lines of credit, appropriate assets, and set accounting standards?
- Does the company have a defined marketing radius and designated marketing staff?
- Do you have an established quality control program with written procedures and staff designated to implement it?
- Is the company Electronic Commerce (EC) capable? What is the company's level of computer literacy?
- Are your competitors active in the government marketplace?
- Have you considered teaming with similar businesses to pursue government contract sales?
- Have you considered pursuing government subcontracting opportunities before entering the marketplace as a prime vendor?
- Registration & Certification
- Determine Suitability for Government Contracting
- Assist with Registrations
- SBA Dynamic Small Business Search
- Government Vendor Database
- Government Procurement Certifications
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- Veteran Owned
- Minority Owned
- Women Owned
- HUB Zones
- Miami-Dade County SBE
- Marketing & Capture Management
- Researching Procurement Histories
- Identifying Bid Opportunities
- Proposal Preparation Advisory
- Contract Performance Issues
- Advise on Negotiating & Interfacing with the Agency
- Developing a Cost Accounting System
- Bonding & Interim Financing
- Identification & Outreach to Government Procurement Officers
The statewide Florida PTAC website is www.FPTAC.org, learn more how our Procurement Specialist can assist you.
Government Contracting Services are offered by the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at Florida International University. This PTAC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.