Scholarships Sources Outside the College of Business
Several hundred million dollars in scholarships and loans are provided each year through colleges, corporations, foundations, and other organizations. Total sources of scholarships, loans, and part-time jobs to help students include millions more in federal, state, and local programs.
Investigate the many scholarship posibilities. Use the telephone. Search the Internet. Write letters and emails. Find out what's out there. Do not wait. Check deadlines. Pinpoint the best possibilities, and follow up.
Your scholarship success depends on your persistence and timeliness!
A list of scholarships available outside of the college are posted here as a service to you. Contact the sponsoring organization for more information about these scholarships.
ScholarSite.com provides data on over 50,000 financial assistance opportunities for students throughout the US, free of charge.
In addition to offering this user-friendly search engine at no cost, ScholarSite.com also provides a convenient, ready to use scholarship application template. The records in our database are constantly updated, and in addition to financial information, we also post links to government agencies, minority student organizations, and sites with information on resources for international students. This site does not request any personal information other than a valid e-mail address to which we can send your search results, which will arrive in your inbox in under three minutes.
- ALPFA Scholarship Program: www.hsf.net
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: John L. Carey Scholarship
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The College Aid Sources for Higher Education: www.wiredscholar.com
- Dr. Felix H. Reyler Memorial Scholarships-Florida International Banker’s Association (FIBA): www.dadecommunityfoundation.org
- FastWeb: www.FastWeb.com
- FIPSE Scholarship: Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- Florida Linkage Institute Tuition Waivers for International Students:International Student Services Office
- Florida International University. University-Wide Scholarship Opportunities:www.fiu.edu/scholarships
Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections Scholarship Program.
There will be three $1,200 scholarships in 2010. Deadline: March 19
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program: us.fulbrightonline.org
- The Future Diversity Leaders Program (FDLP) with KMPG
An internship opportunity that could last for up to a three-year period and the potential to receive up to a total of $6,000 in scholarships after full completion of the program.
Requirement: GPA 3.5 or higher; freshman or sophomore; planning to major in Business (e.g., marketing, accounting, information systems, finance, etc.); complete FDLP's application, submit transcript, and resume.
Deadline: Applications are accepted all year long, however, students are encourage to submit their application by the 3rd week of February.
Contact: Prof. Antoinette Lynch, email: email@example.com
- George M. Booker Collegiate Scholarship for Minority Real Estate Majors Sponsored by the IREM Foundation: www.irem.org
- Greater Miami Society for Human Resource Management:www.gmshrm.org/article.html?aid=346
- HSF/AAHCPA Scholarship Program: www.hsf.net
- HSF/Mass Mutual Scholarship: http://www.hsf.net/massmutual.aspx
$5,000 scholarship. Application Deadline: May 30th, 2010
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): isss.fiu.edu
- IT Women Charitable Foundation–Terremark Scholarship:http://www.itwomen.org
- Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship:www.jackituckfield.org
Lagrant Foundation Scholarship: The Lagrant Foundation to Award $125,000 to Ethnic Minority Students. Scholarships will be given to undergraduate and graduate students majoring in marketing. Undergraduate scholarships are worth $5,000 each and graduate scholarships are worth $10,000 each. Please visit www.lagrantfoundation.org to apply, by February 26, 2010.
- 2007 National Undergraduate Scholarship Program, NBMBAA South Florida Chapter: www.nbmaa.org
- NSHMBA's Scholarship Program: www.nshmba.org
- Office of Multicultural Programs and Services (MPAS): www.fiu.edu/~mpas