Biz Student Life
Starting a dialogue: Dean David R. Klock hosts students at first meeting.
Klock spoke about his intention to improve the learning experience by hiring more faculty to reduce the faculty-student ratio.
The “Dean Wants to Meet You” invitation drew an overflow crowd to the college’s lobby for conversation and a pizza lunch. It was also an opportunity for Klock, who came to FIU on October 1 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, to engage in a dialogue with students.
Snapshot: Students receive warm welcome to BizLife
Held August 30th in the College of Business Complex lobby, the event was designed as an informal way to familiarize new students with the school’s wide range of offerings.
Students at the Welcome to the BizLife event were treated to a complete look at the best of the College of Business at Florida International University (FIU): friendly staff and students, a variety of organizations and services, plenty of pizza and a photo op with Roary.
Business students learn the art of professional dressing
“The art of dressing in a professional manner is critically important to those entering the business world,” Romano said. “Our event was fun, informative and raised awareness and funds for His House Children’s Home.”
“Many people think they know business attire but might not realize minor details,” said Amada Acosta, a senior with a minor in marketing, co-coordinator for the event. “During the comedy portion, which dealt with what not to wear, men saw how to always coordinate their shoes, belt and socks.”
The members of the Executive Business Leadership Board are devoted to furthering the mission of the College of Business by:
- promoting unity and camaraderie among all business organizations
- creating an open forum through which students of the COB may voice their concerns and suggestions
- acting as liaisons to the COB Administrators and Dean
- acclimating recently declared business majors into the College of Business by encouraging co-curricular and community involvement
BUSINESS STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- ALPFA Honors
- Alpha Kappa Psi XI Sigma Chapter
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Information Systems
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Financial Management Association International
- Health Executive Student Organization (HESO)
- Int’l Business Honor Society
- Phoenician Investment Fund (PIF)
- Real Estate Student Association
For more information on our Business Student Organizations, please contact Alejandro Otero, Student Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-7396.